The Challis Public Library prides itself on its extensive youth selection and accompanied resources. The Challis Public Library is open to children of all ages and supports love for literacy and lifelong learning. In an effort to support the youth of our beautiful community the library offers the following programming starting September 1st, 2023.
- Toddler Story Time– Please join the Challis Public Library on Tuesday mornings at 11:00 a.m. for our toddler story time. This is a time for children ages 0-4 to learn basic literacy skills through story, song and play. Additionally, it provides time for children to socialize and learn developmental skills. This program usually lasts 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Challis and Custer County Community Collage- Ongoing
- Rescue Reading CPL/HIAS Collaboration- Update Coming Soon!
- Teen Reading Challenge– The Challis Public Library would like to invite teens ages 12-18 to participate in a statewide Reading Challenge. This is a seven month challenge that encourages teens to read one book from 10 fun categories. This year the Challis Public Library will be awarding teens who complete the challenge with a very special gift and incentives along the way. The Challenge starts in October and concludes in April. More information coming soon!
- STEM Program – Get out of the cold and welcome back to the library for our children’s winter and spring STEM Program. The program will be held Tuesdays and Wednesdays 4:30-6:30 at the library and welcomes all children ages 7-13. Opening day is January 16th! Don’t miss it!